- Try covering the stain with a paste of borax and lemon juice. Let the paste stand for about 5 minutes and then rinse clean.
- Salt and turpentine work well to remove yellow water stains.
- For the really hard to remove stains, scrub with a brush and a mixture of 3 tablespoons of cream of tartar and one cup of hydrogen peroxide.
For normal cleaning try:
- Washing with 1 gallon of warm water mixed with 1 tablespoon of dish soap and 1 cub of baking soda. Use a sponge soaked in the mixture to scrub the tub working from the top down, then from the back to the drain. Rinse well with clean water and then buff with a microfiber cloth.
- A slightly stronger cleaner is 1 gallon of hot water and 1 tablespoon of a TSP (trisodium phosphate) . TSP can react with other cleaners, so don't add anything else to this recipe. Be sure to rinse well after you have scrubbed the tub.